Ads 468x60px

Shoemoney - Skills To Pay The Bills

Shoemoney - Skills To Pay The Bills

Link to ShoeMoney Internet Marketing Blog

Interns.. do it if you can.

Posted: 04 Feb 2013 05:00 AM PST

I mentioned in one of my blog posts earlier this month I have some interns helping me around the office with some of the daily day to day tasks. I can not stress how great of a resource this is for me.

It is basically educated slave labor that they are more than happy to do because being able to put working at ShoeMoney Media Group on their resume after graduation is a huge benefit. Luckily I have the University of Nebraska literally 3 blocks away from my office so I can tap into the intern market quite easily.

I have them doing simple tasks like unloading my vehicle to running over to the hot dog stand, but I also give them some jobs that can help them grow as well in there respective fields. For example I have a marketing intern and I basically let him handle most of our advertising on the blog.

Having them do these tasks is a mutual benefit for both parties because it frees up an enormous amount of my time to focus on the bigger picture and it gives them some real life experience.

I am not sure what colleges in your area are teaching their students but I know for a FACT at Nebraska that they don’t teach marketing students even a sliver of what the online world has to offer. I took one of my interns to Elite Retreat with me last year to San Francisco and he told me that he learned more from our guest speakers then he did in an entire semester at college… that says a lot!

So word of advice, if you have a college or university nearby take advantage of that and hire some cheap hard working interns.

Looking for an SEO service that won’t get you banned?

0 comments:

Post a Comment