Ads 468x60px

Shoemoney - Skills To Pay The Bills

Shoemoney - Skills To Pay The Bills

Link to ShoeMoney Internet Marketing Blog

Reaction to Yesterdays Burger King Hack

Posted: 19 Feb 2013 05:00 AM PST

Post image for Reaction to Yesterdays Burger King Hack

In case you haven’t heard by now, around 11:00 yesterday someone hacked Burger King’s twitter account. Changing their account name to McDonalds as well as their picture icon and bio information. You can read more about it here. chi-burger-king-twitter-hack-20130218Now I am assuming the people at Burger King a FREAKING OUT about this. Especially considering there was some vulgarity involved. However, I think you can defiantly look that this from a positive stand point:

  1. The first time I heard about it was because a friend of mine retweeted the account and I notice that the account name was McDonalds however it was the @BurgerKing account. 
  2. Because of instances like the one I just mentioned last I heard the gained 30,000 followers.
  3. McDonalds even game them some sympathy off their twitter account.
  4. It put Burger King in the back of my mind the rest of the day yesterday

So what’s your stance, do you believe any publicity is good publicity? 

Looking for an SEO service that won’t get you banned?

0 comments:

Post a Comment