Ads 468x60px

Shoemoney - Skills To Pay The Bills

Shoemoney - Skills To Pay The Bills

Link to ShoeMoney Internet Marketing Blog

How to introduce people that you actually want to help

Posted: 03 Oct 2012 05:23 AM PDT

Lets say a friend who just started a new company wanted you to intro them to someone who might be interested in their products or services.

Hell, I will throw me under the bus. Thats actually why I am writing this. Cause while I appreciate all the awesome people who know of companies that can do awesome with the PAR Program… Sometimes their introduction makes me cringe and puts me in a weird spot.

Yea I know it sounds like I am being a total jerk. Don’t get me wrong there is no introduction that is a bad introduction. But there are for sure ways to really help a brother out.

So lets say you email me and your like, “Shoe this PAR Program thing you have is amazing let me introduce you to my friend at ACME Corporation he really needs this!”. And I am all like great I really appreciate it.

But your email looks like this:

Subject: ACME AND PARPROGRAM !

Jim at ACME you need the Par Program you guys talk!

Seriously ?

Ok enough about not how to do it. Let me tell you from my experience what has worked well. I will continue to use the Par Program and ACME company as examples. Comments in parenthesis and italics.

Subject: Jim from ACME Widgets meet Jeremy Schoemaker

Ok couple of things on the Subject. 1 – You make the guy you are buttering up feel special. You are using his name and his company name. 2 – The person you are introing them to, the guy who wants to sell them stuff you are using his full name… not his company. He is a person not a company. The goal is to get the original person to open the email… not make them think this is some business to business bizdev crap.

Hey Jim,

I wanted to introduce you to my friend Jeremy Schoemaker. Jeremy is the founder and president of the PAR Program. The Par Program takes a one time website visitor and converts them into customers via email and social media. (25 word description AT MOST).

(status of company): They are only a couple months old but have quickly established themselves as a cutting edge breakthrough way for companies to rapidly expand their business.

(trust / social proof) I met Jeremy at Affiliate Summit where they had a booth for the PAR Program and after hearing about what they were doing with Blu Electronic Cigarettes, State Farm Insurance, and other big name companies in the space I immediately thought of you.

Sorry to digress. I just really like what Jeremy is doing and feel its a no brainer for ACME. I will let you guys take it from here.

Your Best Friends Name

Ok I went a little crazy there… I guess I was just wishing everyone would intro me like that… hrmm maybe I should write them swipe copy!

Actually if you want to test it feel free to mail it to anyone you know that has a product or service. (see what I did there).

Looking for an SEO service that won’t get you banned?

0 comments:

Post a Comment