Ads 468x60px

Shoemoney - Skills To Pay The Bills

Shoemoney - Skills To Pay The Bills

Link to ShoeMoney Internet Marketing Blog

Your name dropping lost you a sale

Posted: 23 Oct 2012 06:42 AM PDT

After just recently attending Pubcon and pounding the expo hall I was reminded of one thing that always annoys the crap out of me.

When I go up to a booth who looks like they have a cool service and inquire about what they do they immediately start dropping names of big companies they do business with.

Guess what. I don’t care. In fact, in all honesty, I don’t care if ANYONE has ever used what your selling. If its a service or product that I like then I am in.

Now I can hear some of you guys already… “But Jeremy you always say we need to give social proof!”

Yes that is important. But there is a place and time for it.

Put big companies you work with in your flyers, on your website, and in regards to your booth put it ON YOUR BOOTH so that when I am talking to you I can see them in the background.

Let me ask the questions. Like “Can you tell me who your ideal customer is?”, “Here is what I do, how do you see me using these tools?”.

These are BUYING questions. But don’t tell me how Best Buy uses it.

Tell me how a guy like me can use it. Something like “Ahh its perfect for you. One of our clients in your field uses it like this.”

Your next question should be to me, “Do you have any question about that?”. If I say no then say “Ok great lets get your account made so you can start playing around with it”.

Maybe I am just turned off by it cause I also immediately think, “Great when I sign up your going to start telling everyone ShoeMoney uses it and he is killing it.”

 

Trying to increase your Google rank that is like no other?

0 comments:

Post a Comment