Ads 468x60px

The 2-Minute Productivity Rule - DailyBlogTips

The 2-Minute Productivity Rule - DailyBlogTips


The 2-Minute Productivity Rule

Posted: 31 Dec 2013 08:20 PM PST

As the years go by I am getting more and more interested in the strategies and tricks you can use to become more productive. I guess it’s a natural thing, as people tend to get busier over time, so they need new methods to cope with the new responsibilities.

If you haven’t yet, I would start by reading Getting Things Done, by David Allen. It’s probably the best book about this topic, and certainly the most read one around the world.

In fact the tip I am going to talk about comes from the book. It’s called the 2-minute rule.

Basically you need to have a system where you store the things you are supposed to do, both in the short and in the long term. The idea is to free your mind from having to remembering things. The simplest system you can have is a to-do list where you write down the stuff you need to do.

According to the 2-minute rule, however, you should never add an item to your system or to-do list if you can tackle that item in less than 2 minutes (give or take). Instead you should work on it right away and be done with it.

This very post is an example of that rule. The idea about writing a post about the 2-minute rule came to me while I was having breakfast, and I figured I probably could write the post in 2-3 minutes, so I just opened my WordPress dashboard, wrote the piece and scheduled it for publishing.

It might seem like a simple rule, but it can have a significant impact on your productivity, as you’ll develop the habit of tackling the easy/quick tasks right away, and over time it adds up.

Wanna learn how to make more money with your website? Check the Online Profits training program!


0 comments:

Post a Comment