Ads 468x60px

Shoemoney - Skills To Pay The Bills

Shoemoney - Skills To Pay The Bills

Link to ShoeMoney

How I get awesome advice at Clarity from @danmartell

Posted: 07 Oct 2013 07:31 AM PDT

Post image for How I get awesome advice at Clarity from @danmartell

This post is about how I use the website Clarity.fm to consult with people and also seek out advice and consulting.  This is not a paid post.  It is written about my personal experience with the service.

For those who have not discovered the new service, Clarity, you are really missing it out.

I am always surprised on how many of my readers do not realize the value that they bring to the table.  Most of you have experience with SEO, Pay Per Click,  Affiliate Marketing and the most important thing is you have REAL EXPERIENCE. 

How many times have you gotten advice from people in these areas… but they have not done jack shit themselves… worthless.

So Clarity makes it easy to place your profile and people can find you.  When you make your profile make sure to reference what you have done.  People want to hear about those with experience… not some consultant that has never done anything.

Clarity makes this SUPER easy for people to list their profiles but also find people who can help them really grow their business or advice on where to take their business.

Here is my profile and what it looks like:

my profile

 

Now if you notice I only charge 1/2 of what I do on the pricing here on ShoeMoney.com.

Why?  Well when you inquire with us about consulting then my assistant has to work with you to find a time that works… ask some pre questions to:

  1. Make sure I can help you.
  2. Make sure you know the price.
  3. Find a time that works for both of us.

Her time is money and also a distraction for some of this.  I would rather keep her focused on what she does.  With Clarity I get all of this ready to go.  People send me a message on what they are looking for and they suggest 3 different times.  I get the notification and can easily suggest some other times if I want.  Then I accept.

Once I accept I am sent a message confirming and a REALLY nice 1 click way to add it to my calendar ( I will show an example below).

After the call is over I am sent a receipt about how much the person was charged…  Then we can leave feedback on each other. (as you can see on my profile).

Notification Center-1

I have two more calls scheduled for today!  I LOVE talking to people and helping them in any way.  If you have ever been at a conference you will see me talking with people NON STOP.  But here we get 100x the questions from people coming through the blog asking for advice.  I simply can’t operate my companies and take the time that I can at a conference to help everyone.

Now on the flip side I too need advice.  Sure I am not in the position that most of the people book calls with me are.  For instance recently with the PAR Program I needed some advice.  We have a human scaling issue.  I have several options on the table but have never raised money so I needed advice.  And I wanted to go to the top of the food chain.  So I booked a call with VC to the super stars – Dan Martell.

I suggested some times and he accepted one of them.  Within 24 hours we were on the phone.  Do you know how hard it would have been to get Dan on the phone?  Not that he is a dick but he,  like me,  has thousands of people wanting advice.

Our call was amazing.  Dan gave me advice that really gave me a “come to Jesus” moment that really helped me narrow down my options as he shared his own experience with me.

Here is a screenshot about how easy it is to schedule the call and add to your calendar.  I can’t say enough good things about this and how well it was thought.  But it was founded by guys who have gone through the same thing that we have.  So it makes sense they built the service that they wanted:
mail scheduled

 The call was a bit over $800 and worth EVERY penny.  In fact in a couple weeks I will do another call with him

Call with Martel-1

 

So as you can see no matter if you’re seeking advice or want to offer what you have learned to others Clarity is a truly remarkable service.

Looking for an SEO service that won’t get you banned?

0 comments:

Post a Comment