Ads 468x60px

Shoemoney - Skills To Pay The Bills

Shoemoney - Skills To Pay The Bills

Link to ShoeMoney Internet Marketing Blog

30 seconds of an awkward moment can pay dividends for life

Posted: 26 Sep 2012 05:38 AM PDT

In 2005 I received an Adsense check from Google. I asked my wife to take a picture with me… she didn’t understand why and actually refused cause she thought I was going to post it on the internet or something. So I got my mother in law to do it. That worked out for me a bit.

In 2004 my wife and I were leaving our hotel room at the bellagio when all of a sudden paris hilton walked around the corner. I pumped up the nerve and asked if I could get a photo with her. My wife interupted and said oh honey please she is busy. I starred at her with a death look. I got the photo. I have leveraged that ever which way.

In 2007 at the Tech Crunch awards I happened to be in the same bathroom as Mark Zuckerberg (founder of Facebook). When we were leaving I got a photo with him.

Think I have leveraged any of those?

Its funny cause most people say they don’t want to be “that guy” right? But then they wish they would have.

But enough about celebrities.

In 2006 at one of my first conferences I bought a well known SEO guy a beer. Nobody back then knew who I was. I started talking to him about one of my properties. He let me in on something he was doing. We kind of exchanged tricks and tips and within a couple months of being home the tips he gave me were doubling my income.

I can go on and on and on.

Here is my point.

Nobody is better than you. At the end of the day we are all just people, we all die, and we all take nothing with us when we die.

Don’t be a wuss. You only have a down side to being intimidated. Can it be awkward? For sure, but a little bit of awkwardness can pay a lifetime of dividends.

Trying to increase your Google rank that is like no other?

0 comments:

Post a Comment