Ads 468x60px

Shoemoney - Skills To Pay The Bills

Shoemoney - Skills To Pay The Bills

Link to ShoeMoney Internet Marketing Blog

Why I am not getting the iPhone (but why it makes sense for Apple)

Posted: 17 Sep 2012 06:37 AM PDT

Why I am not getting the new iPhone 5 is pure and simple. The charging connector. With the iPhone 5 apple has moved to a smaller square reversible connector and gotten away from what they have been using for the first 7? iPhone versions. Not to mention its the same charger that also works on iPads. This is a HUGE negative for me:

  • I currently have a nice iHome dual alarm clock/dock in my bedroom which has a dock for the iPhone. It fits perfect even with the lights off.
  • I have a iHome radio in my bathroom that has a dock for my iPhone.
  • I have a “boom” box outside near my pool with an iPhone dock.
  • I LOVE that almost every hotel now has a clock radio with an iPhone dock.

The positives of the new iPhone:

  • Bigger screen. Bigger phone.
  • Slightly faster chip (they don’t even quantify how much faster)
  • New earbuds.
  • LTE connectivity.

That is the just of it. To be honest the bigger phone to me is a negative. I have seen people with the Samsung Galaxy phones and its big for me.

Also I use Beats by Dre and don’t care at all for the in ear headphones.

The biggest new feature that I like is that I would now be on the Verizon LTE network.

So thats the good and the bad IMO.

That my and why I am not getting it.

With that said I think it was a really good move for apple. The new charging connector is pretty slick and allows them to put the headphone jack on the bottom.

Also they will NO DOUBT make a killing off of this. Lets forget about the new phone… everyone who makes a 3rd party accessory now has to get a new licensing agreement from apple.

Apple also will be selling adapters so the old connector will work with the new. Its not very practical for me but I think they will sell a ton of these.

Trying to increase your Google rank that is like no other?

0 comments:

Post a Comment