Ads 468x60px

Shoemoney - Skills To Pay The Bills

Shoemoney - Skills To Pay The Bills

Link to ShoeMoney Internet Marketing Blog

3 Ways To Squeeze More Money Out Of Your Affiliate Business…

Posted: 19 Jun 2012 05:00 AM PDT

This past week I’ve been going through my business and trying to find new ways to make more money.  Here’s 3 of the best ways I came up with to squeeze more money out of my business…

1.  Push harder to monetize the non-buyers on your email list…

If you own your own product you probably have a large list of people who have opted in on your site, but who have never actually bough anything from you.

One of the best ways to take advantage of this group is to put them into multiple autoresponders and to try and sell them different affiliate products that might appeal to them.

With our product, I’m currently pitching non buyers 2-3 different affiliate offers and trying to squeeze some extra money out of this portion of my list.

2.  Take a brutally honest look at your expenses each month.  Cut whatever you don’t absolutely need.

After taking a look at my expenses for the past few months, I realized I could probably easily cut out about $2,000 in overhead without hurting my business.  That adds up to $24,000 in a year and makes a real impact on the bottomline!

Some common things that people usually pay for but don’t need are…

  • membership site/forum subscriptions that you haven’t used in months
  • more hosting than you need
  • renewing domains that you will never use
  • features from your email provider that you’re not using
  • excess merchant account fees

Obviously there are plenty of things that you might be spending too much money on every month.  Just take a hard look at what you’re spending each month and get rid of the stuff you don’t absolutely need.

3.  Work on monetizing your backend more…

This is probably the biggest opportunity for product owners or ecommerce sites.  I admit that I’m guilty of not working on the backend for my product as much as I should.

Some of the best ways to monetize your backend are…

  • sell them more products that are similar to what they bought (duh!)
  • sell them complimentary products (ex.. supplements if they buy a weight loss product)
  • sell them a service that makes their life easier (ex… healthy food delivery)
  • get them enrolled in some type of monthly subscription program

All of these things are easy to do, but most website owners usually overlook them.   Getting the sale upfront is the hardest part.  Making sure that sale turns into a repeat customer is where all of the money is at.

Let me know in the comments section if you have any good ideas on how to make more money with your business…

Trying to increase your Google rank that is like no other?

0 comments:

Post a Comment