Ads 468x60px

Shoemoney - Skills To Pay The Bills

Shoemoney - Skills To Pay The Bills

Link to ShoeMoney

The Value Of Time and How Much People Disrespect It.

Posted: 19 Sep 2015 09:41 AM PDT

My BIGGEST pet peeve is how much people disrespect their time on this planet.

Time is the most valuable commodity you have.  You can’t get more of it and its running down until you die.

One example is the bullshit extended warrantees on products you buy at the store.  When I worked at sears 20 years ago I sold the shit out of them and you got a big commission on them.  Next time you buy a washer and dryer as the person what kind of rip they get on selling them.  We called it the “cheese” cause you would make more off an extended warrantees than the commission on a 2k set of appliances.

I good at selling them they called me the “Cheese Man” and had me train others on how to do it.

But I digress.

Ever get an extended warranty on your phone?  Good luck using that one.  First of all they charge you a deductible if you ever actually need to use it.  Its usually about 20% of the phone price.  Then you have to wait to get a new phone.  and they don’t give you a new phone you get a refurbished one.  My wife went through this once and she went through 2 refurbished ones before she got one that was fine.

The fact is although they sell extended warranties like they are doing you a favor its really bullshit.  Companies BANK off of these.  You think these companies are in business to lose money?

Ever try to use them?  Good luck.  Spend an hour on the phone with someone who tries to tell you its not covered and then wait weeks for them to actually fix it.   Fuck that.  I will just go buy a new one.

Last week we officially formed the ShoeMoney Network into its own company.  Their was issues getting a federal tax id number and we had to call in to the IRS.  So we sat on hold for 4 FUCKING hours only to find out they could not help us and we had to relax in the paper work again even though this was the number listed if we had problems.

Their went half the work day completely wasted.  Do I get compensated for that?

I could go into countless examples.  Airport cancel your flight?  Oh don’t worry they will give you a $20 voucher.  Mean while it was the last flight out and I had to spend the night in a hotel (they did cover that).

Their goes most of a work day,  time with my kids,  or other things that wasted a percentage of my life.

Anyway it just pisses me off how little companies care about wasting your time.  And the consumer doesn’t give a shit.   Companies can give you refunds all they want but is it worth your time?  Do they compensate you for your time?

Think about it.

0 comments:

Post a Comment