Ads 468x60px

Shoemoney - Skills To Pay The Bills

Shoemoney - Skills To Pay The Bills

Link to ShoeMoney

Your College Degree Is Most Likely Worthless

Posted: 17 Sep 2015 08:48 AM PDT

I am always looking for good developers but they are a rare find.  When I say good I mean kids that have “real world” experience and not a piece of paper that says they have the required skills.

Gimme a high school drop out who has been doing freelance jobs programing for the web and is self taught who has experience with real world problems vs a kid out of college with a comp sci degree that writes perfect code but its not not practical for the web.

When I started NextPimp – A site that would profit 7 figures a year, I wrote that sucker from with the worst code ever.  Any programmer would laugh hard at that code.  Funny thing is my PHP code hasn’t evolved since then.  I wrote the ShoeMony Network in 4 days.  Really bad code but it worked flawlessly.  Then I have my dev’s fix it,  which usually involves a lot of shaking heads at my code lol.

Ive taken a kid fresh out of college that could code like a ninja and within a couple years I paid him millions of dollars after we sold a company (he was at $20 an hour) 4 months after we created it.

Now if you did what I did and went to 5 colleges over 8 years and somehow only ended up with about 30 credit hours cause all you did was play games and make websites then I respect that.  What I didn’t realize is how much learning apache, mysql and linux would benefit me much later.

Also I am sure some of you are saying I am a hypocrite because my wife is an anesthesiologist and went to school forever for it.

But here is the thing with that.  She wasn’t practicing until she was in her early 30’s.  And had a mountain of school debt.  Mix that in with buying a new house,  cars,  etc etc that your “supposed to do when your making good money” leaves you with a enormous mountain of debt.  Lets say 500k to 1m.

Now because I am a internet pimp and was making it rain like nobody’s business I was able to pay off her student loans,  pay cash for our house,  and buy new cars with cash.

But a lot of physicians I know actually don’t even like what the do…  But they have to do it to keep up with their stay at home hot wife who likes to shop while the nanny takes care of their kids.

But the biggest issue I have a problem with is people don’t understand they are selling their time.  Most physicians are in a group and are paid based on the hours they worked.

Combine all that and you have a job your trapped in,  a shit ton of debt, and you will have to work until you die all at selling the most precious commodity their is – your time.

But this doesn’t just apply to physicians.  One of my best friends is a dentist and he practiced for a couple years until he bought a business property,  got a dentist out of college to do the new practice,  and setup a system to get them going with equipment and other stuff all funded by him for a percentage of revenue and rental payments on the property he owns.

Every year he opens a new practice and follows the same modal.  He has 5 actively going and another on the way and no plans to stop.

So he doesnt even have to practice dentistry if he doesn’t want to.  He makes money from their revenue, from them paying him rent for the practice,  and he has the commercial real estate which is a great asset and probably worth the most as it appreciates over time.

Did he get an MBA?   Hell no.  He has a degree in dentistry.  But he can go spend his time on a beach and make as much if not more than he did practicing.  Thats how you do it.

I have made more money in a couple days or a week at times than most high end doctors make in a month.

I respect they put in the work to earn the degree but really in this day and age its not worth dick other than having a cool plaque on the wall.

I will be transparent though and tell you I have an honorary PHD in internet marketing from the business school at the University of Kazakhstan.  So you may address me as Dr. if you wish.  Funny how much it pisses off my wife when I use the tittle though LOL

justdoctrate

I want to leave you with this.  I think its great and admirable that you goto college,  have FUN,  and if you earn a degree great.  Shows great worth ethic.

But as far as being compensated for that…  Good luck scholar.

0 comments:

Post a Comment