Ads 468x60px

PostRunner: The Best Guest Blogging Platform Out There - DailyBlogTips

PostRunner: The Best Guest Blogging Platform Out There - DailyBlogTips


PostRunner: The Best Guest Blogging Platform Out There

Posted: 28 Nov 2012 03:57 AM PST


As you might have noticed I have frequent guest posts on DBT (usually a couple every week). I think those posts enrich the blog, as they bring the opinions and perspectives from other bloggers, and they also help to keep the content flowing on the site.

The problem is that the process is somewhat cumbersome. People email me pitching a guest post. Sometimes they include the article, sometimes they don’t (which means I need to send yet another email). Then I reply saying whether I’ll use the post or not. And then I need to paste the content to WordPress and iron out all the formatting.

That’s why a couple of months ago I had an idea: to create a WordPress plugin that would allow interested people to automatically submit posts, and the posts would be saved and formatted inside WordPress, so I would just need to scan through them and hit “Publish” on the ones I liked.

Needless to say I never found the time to code the plugin, but a couple of weeks ago I discovered I didn’t need to do it anymore, cause somebody else had already.

In reality it’s much more than a plugin, it’s a complete guest blogging platform, called PostRunner.

Here’s how it works on the publisher side (i.e., if you have a blog and want to accept guest posts): after you sign-up and register your website (the platform is free to use if you have a single site/blog) you will start receiving guest post offers from authors. You can specify what kind of content you are looking for, what is the minimum score the author must have before being able to submit a post to you, the minimum word count of the article and so on.

set-postrunner-description

The platform uses a WordPress plugin that will import all submited posts directly into your site, and you’ll be able to approve/reject them directly from your dashboard. The obvious advantages are that it will streamline the process of accepting guest posts on your site, and that it probably will also increase the amount of guest post offers you receive, especially if your site is small/medium sized.

And this is the just half of the story. You can also use the platform to promote your site by submiting guest posts to registered websites.

postrunner-site-list

They have over 600 sites registered already, and while browsing those sites you’ll be able to see their PageRank, the minimum word count they require and the number of links they allow on the byline. You can also filter the results to specific categories and keywords.

In other words, if you are looking to promote your site with guest blogging this platform will make the process much more efficient, as you’ll be able to find suitable sites and blogs faster and the chances of getting a post approved are higher as well.

Overall I really like the idea. As I mentioned above, it’s something I would have launched myself if I had time (now it’s too late…). If you have a blog/website you should check PostRunner out, as using the platform is completely free up to one website, and it will allow you to both increase the amount of guest post offers you receive and to promote your site by guest blogging on other sites.

Below you’ll find a video which explains how the site work:

Wanna make money with your website?


Original Post: PostRunner: The Best Guest Blogging Platform Out There

0 comments:

Post a Comment