Ads 468x60px

Shoemoney - Skills To Pay The Bills

Shoemoney - Skills To Pay The Bills

Link to ShoeMoney Internet Marketing Blog

What happens when you delete 5,000+ Facebook friends

Posted: 23 Jul 2012 07:13 AM PDT

Recently Facebook started enforcing the 5k limit again. Not sure when they stopped or why the started again but one day I noticed I could not accept a friend request cause it said I had reached the 5k max.

Then there is the issue of my iPhone Facebook app locking up whenever I use it. It tries to load all the stuff and too many friends = unresponsive app.

So I started to delete people by hand.

While sites like facedouche make this easier to put people into groups you should probably delete, its still not a easy process.

So I figured fuck it I will just nuke the whole thing and start over.

Googling for “how to delete mass Facebook friends” I came across this post at life hacker

Which leads you on to this great greasemonkey mass delete script

It only took maybe a hour to delete “all the users”

But a funny thing… it left users that had disabled their profiles. Surprisingly this was like 500 people. 10% of people I had friended had disabled their profiles.

I recognized 2 and remebered when they told me they disabled their profiles. But 500 out of 5,000? seemed like a lot.

Also there was about 200 names that were just black and had no option.

So I wrote a script in Keyboard Maestro to delete the disabled profiles (you had to click 2x to delete. A lot easier process then normal.

Anyway kind of like when I deleted 60k twitter followers, some people got mad.

I really don’t honestly understand that. If I follow 60k people why do you care if I unfollow you? What is the benefit to me following you? I couldn’t possibly keep up with the stream.

But back to Facebook. Yes people got mad also.. Which like twitter honestly baffles me.

Unlike Twitter, Facebook settings allow me to make my stuff wide open. That means if you want to message me, subscribe to my updates.. There is absolutely ZERO benefit to being friends with me on Facebook.

Now you can’t tag me in photos without my approval or post on my wall but guess what? Neither can friends.

So anyway I am adding people step by step and I gotta say actually being able to read my newsfeed and actually knowing who the people are is pretty cool.

A.D.D. annoying/egotistical sidenote: Don’t message celebrities to get them to follow you. I have some pretty high profile followers on twitter and its not cause I ever asked them to follow me. Be interesting… be someone who someone actually wants to follow..

Trying to increase your Google rank that is like no other?

0 comments:

Post a Comment