Ads 468x60px

Shoemoney - Skills To Pay The Bills

Shoemoney - Skills To Pay The Bills

Link to ShoeMoney

(late) May recap and and an exclusive interview dropping 2 big bombs

Posted: 12 Jun 2014 06:30 AM PDT

Post image for (late) May recap and and an exclusive interview dropping 2 big bombs

downloadFirst off, I did an interview with Zac Johnson in late May where I discussed things that I have never talked about. I also dropped some pretty big bombs:

  1. The new direction with PAR Program, which is a big shift and pivot from what we are doing now.
  2. The finale on how I raised $500+k for the PAR Program. I wrote the first 2 in the series (Part 1, Part 2) but have not had time to finish it up.  It’s a crazy ending to my fundraising experience that I think a lot of people will be stunned on how it turned out.

You can listen to the podcast on Zac’s blog here:

http://zacjohnson.com/episode6/

May was interesting…I turned 40. It really lit a fire in me and I dunno, made me have a moment of clarity/come to Jesus moment. I came across an article (I don’t recall where) that said 85% of a person’s net worth is made between the ages 40-55. I guess this makes sense ’cause most people are paying off all their debt in this time frame from houses, school loans, and whatever else. Plus, they are reaching the height of their careers and moving up the ladder during this period.  I have 10 years. I want to bust it out then “retire” which I’m not quite sure what that means ’cause I love to build stuff, so we will see.

In early June, I took a 10-day RV trip with my wife and completely unplugged.  I have never done that before and was dreading it a bit.  I am always the “reluctant” adventurer. But I’m so glad I did it.

Here is the full May ShoeMoney Blog recap.  Have a great June!!!!


May-01 08:13:31 - New Twitter Profile looks like Facebook (and what it means to advertisers) (13 comments) If you have a twitter account you probably got this also… …[more]

May-02 09:21:06 - Free Shirt Friday – Elite Retreat 9.5 @Shoemoney (13 comments) This week’s Free Shirt Friday comes from *drumroll* me! I’m up in Omaha for our Elite Retreat 9.5 . The event coincides with the annual Berkshire Hathaway meeting with Warren Buffet. Elite Retreat is different from other conferences in that we only allow …[more]

May-05 08:06:50 - How to Find a Technical Co-Founder (11 comments) This is a “continuation” of the post Why You Can’t Find a Technical Co-Founder If you spend more than 4 hours of your day on a computer or …[more]

May-06 09:54:25 - What Do You Think? Rate My Product Ideas (16 comments) [more]

May-07 09:06:59 - Notes From the Underworld: Black Hat Newsletters and the Japanese Mafia (24 comments) As fond of them as I may be, newsletters probably aren?t widely considered the most mysterious, exotic, secretive, dangerous, glamorous or romantic subject. It?s an understandable sentiment, they?re pretty straightforward. They also happen to be a t…[more]

May-08 11:08:21 - Elite Retreat 9.5 Re-cap (12 comments) “Omaha, somewhere in the middle of America” is what the majority of people think and know about Nebraska. This year I decided to through an Elite Event designed around Berkshire Hathaway to expose to people why I still live in this AWESOME state! We only …[more]

May-09 08:30:04 - Free Shirt Friday- 50onRed @50onRed (13 comments) This week’s Free Shirt Friday comes to us from 50onRed. The company is all about innovative technology for better performance and bigger profits. Whether you…[more]

May-12 08:55:27 - How I Would Help Entrepreneurs if I Were the President (14 comments) Starting a business is HARD as shit. I don’t care what any politician, any magazine, any journalist says… it is hard and if you believe in those overnight rags-to-riches in one of those “Fast Company” articles, please bang your head against your lapt…[more]

May-13 08:55:45 - 30k Fans, 1k Subscribers, 3 Huge Mistakes. (23 comments) The distance between insanity and genius is measured only by success – Bruce Feirstein I don’t know what came over me when I had this idea. I was at a dog park and i saw this la…[more]

May-14 09:28:07 - Donald Sterling Lessons: PR in the age of No Privacy (15 comments) Ev…[more]

May-15 08:08:06 - What Nuclear Warheads Can Teach You About Building Trust With Your Audience & Other Takeaways From Authority Intensive 2014 (22 comments) I regret to inform you that Santa Clause is gone. The days of copy paste, dry, humorless content are no more…[more]

May-16 08:25:43 - Free Shirt Friday- Clients From Hell @clientsfh (14 comments) This week’s Free Shirt Friday comes to us from Clients From Hell. The site features a collection of anonymously contributed client horror storie…[more]

May-19 08:53:10 - Why the Lean Startup Model is Good AND Bad (13 comments) [more]

May-20 08:31:35 - Wny Affiliates Make Best Entrepreneurs (18 comments) If you’re reading this, statistically speaking… you probably weren’t very good at school weren’t necessarily the cool kid were somewhat of a dork / nerd have the business ambition & energy of a NYC homele…[more]

May-21 08:30:14 - Make a free Opt-in Form in 5 minutes (15 comments) I have studied Shoemoney?s information and listened to his advice for almost a decade. Jeremy has taught me since the beginning to test, test, test. One of the snags people inevitably hit is making an opt in form to quickly check if an idea has legs….[more]

May-22 08:00:32 - My Audiobook finally released! (19 comments) [more]

May-23 08:30:35 - Free Shirt Friday Natus Vincere Gaming @natusvincere (11 comments) This week’s Free Shirt Friday is brought to us from Natus Vincere Gaming. They are a Ukrainian leading multi-game electronic sport…[more]

May-26 08:30:43 - 7 Unconventional (and Sneaky) Ways To Generate More Traffic For Your Website (24 comments) I remember when I first got started in online marketing I read a stat that blew my mind.  At the time, your average American internet user was visiting 50 different w…[more]

May-27 08:38:38 - Why Law of Attraction is For Rookies (19 comments) Ever watch the movie “The Secret”? If you’re like me and every other dreamer on this planet, there’s 90% chance that you did. If you haven’t, let me give you a 15 second summary. If you want health, attract it by THINKING it. And the universe wil…[more]

May-28 08:30:30 - Pistols to PCs: Criminal Syndicates, Gangs, and Cybercrime (17 comments) Originally my interest in gangs was purely scholastic – I researched street gangs for a history course. Since then, however, that pursuit has evolved (devolved?) into a preoccupation which now teeters between hobby and obsession. That will likely come …[more]

May-29 08:32:09 - How I Increased My Click Through Rate By 75% With A Dynamic Countdown Timer In Adwords (26 comments) Many of us are familiar with dynamic keyword insertion, where you can replace text in an ad with the keyword searched. You no doubt noticed th…[more]

May-30 08:55:52 - Free Shirt Friday- Mountain Laurel Handrails @woodrailing (10 comments) This week’s Free Shirt Friday comes to us from Mountain Laurel Handrails. The company is run by James Prader who has been personally crafting the pieces since 2004 with a ream of independent woodworkers. The works of…[more]

0 comments:

Post a Comment