Ads 468x60px

Could You Achieve More by Doing Less? (And Goodbye from Ali) - DailyBlogTips

Could You Achieve More by Doing Less? (And Goodbye from Ali) - DailyBlogTips


Could You Achieve More by Doing Less? (And Goodbye from Ali)

Posted: 31 Jul 2014 02:13 AM PDT

Do you ever find yourself taking on commitments that you later regret, spending lots of time on stuff like emails and social media …

… and never getting around to the things that would really make a difference in your life and business?

I've been reading the book Essentialism: The Disciplined Pursuit of Less this week (thanks to Michael Hyatt, who recommended it on his podcast).

The idea of essentialism, as explained by the book's author Greg McKeown, is that to truly achieve great results, we need to focus on a few essential areas, instead of trying to do everything.

That means different things for different people. For instance, you might decide that the really essential things you do for your business are writing content for your blog and creating new products. Maybe it's time to ditch your podcast – perhaps you enjoy doing it, but you love the other aspects of your blog more, and it's taking up a lot of time.

This essentialist approach ties in with a lot of my own thinking and decisions over the past few months. I'm winding up several projects (including stopping working with some of my clients).

Why?

If you follow me on Twitter or if you read my blog Aliventures, you might know that I have a 17-month old daughter, Kitty, and a son on the way this December:

Kitty-swinging

Nick-in-womb

So that I can focus on the true essentials in my life right now, I'm having to quit a lot of things that I enjoy doing .

And here's why I'm telling you this!

I've had a wonderful time being Editor of DailyBlogTips over the past 10 months …

… and today is my final day.

It's been wonderful to get to know many DailyBlogTips readers, and it's also been really rewarding to be Editor of a blog that actually got me into blogging in the first place. :-)

Of course, I'm sure this won't be "goodbye forever" – I hope to stay a little bit involved with DailyBlogTips in the future.

If you want to find me in the meantime, I blog at Aliventures, and I'm on Twitter at @aliventures.

 

So … your turn to face some tough choices!

Are there any hard decisions you need to make about how you're spending your time?

What could you achieve if you cut out some non-essentials (even if they're things you enjoy)?

Wanna learn how to make more money with your website? Check the Online Profits training program!


0 comments:

Post a Comment