Ads 468x60px

Have You Been Affected By Gmails’ New Format? - DailyBlogTips

Have You Been Affected By Gmails’ New Format? - DailyBlogTips


Have You Been Affected By Gmails’ New Format?

Posted: 18 Sep 2013 05:17 AM PDT

If you are a Gmail user you certainly noticed a change implemented by Google a month ago or so. Basically instead of one inbox now you have three: Primary, Social and Promotions.

Under the perspective of a Gmail user I really like this change. My Primary inbox is much cleaner now, with all the social and promotional stuff going to the other two boxes. Usually I just read the Primary one, and once a week or so I select and delete and the messages on the other two boxes.

And this is exactly the problem for website owners and Internet marketers, particularly those who use email marketing (i.e., who run an email newsletter or list with Aweber, ConstantContact, MailChimp, etc.). Now your emails go to the Promotion box, and if most users are like me there are some good chances they will not open your emails as frequently as they used to, if at all!

I haven’t had time to track the numbers accurately yet, by my guesstimate is that my open rate has been reduced by 30% with this change.

This effect is pretty new though, so there are many questions on the air. Some that make me curious are (and if you have information about them please share a comment below):

  1. Are all email marketing software/companies having their emails going to the Promotion box or only some?
  2. Is there something you can do to get your emails going to the Primary box?
  3. Have any of you guys measured the effect on the open rate or clicks after this change?

I use my newsletter mostly to promote my own projects and to send tips I find interesting to the subscribers, so I am not that worried. There are many people who make a living out of their email lists though, so for those the impact is going to be big.

Thoughts?

Wanna learn how to make more money with your website? Check the Online Profits training program!


Original Post: Have You Been Affected By Gmails’ New Format?

0 comments:

Post a Comment