Ads 468x60px

DanielScocco.com is Finally Live - DailyBlogTips

DanielScocco.com is Finally Live - DailyBlogTips


DanielScocco.com is Finally Live

Posted: 21 May 2015 11:00 AM PDT

The domain DanielScocco.com has a curious story behind it. I bought it back in 2005, as I wanted to reserve the domain that matched my name. I wasn’t planning to use it for anything initially, and for some reason I forgot to renew it a couple of years later.

Around 2009 I decided I should probably build a site on that domain, so I went to register it again, only to find out that someone else had already registered it! Given that mine is a pretty unique name, I figured that someone who knew me from this blog decided to register my name with the hope that I would offer to buy it for a higher price.

I certainly didn’t want to spend money to get the domain name back, so I just kept monitoring it over the years. The buyer renewed it for 4 years in a row, but then he probably figured I wouldn’t be making an offer anytime soon, so he let the domain expire, and last year I bought it again.

This year I decided to launch a personal site/blog there. I want to use it as a showcase for myself and my projects. I am also writing occasional posts there, when I have something interesting to say. For instance, I wrote about the experience of winning a car at Ford’s hackathon earlier this year, and about how you can learn to deal with rejection in a position way.

Make sure to visit and subscribe if you want to receive my future posts there and stay updated with my upcoming projects.

Ah, if you don’t have YourName.com registered yet, make sure to do so before someone gets it!

Wanna learn how to make more money with your website? Check the Online Profits training program!


0 comments:

Post a Comment