Ads 468x60px

Shoemoney - Skills To Pay The Bills

Shoemoney - Skills To Pay The Bills

Link to ShoeMoney

Staged Scripts and Inaccuracies on Below Deck From A Guest

Posted: 04 Oct 2016 07:32 PM PDT

Keep an eye out for my next post…  How we saved a dying show.  The show had been falling in the ratings until we were on it and almost set an all time record for viewership and the episode finished 3rd in all of cable TV.  More on that in another post.

A while back a nice girl named Tracey used the contact form through my blog and said she saw my pictures and read my blog and wanted to know if I was interested in coming on Bravo’s TV show Below Deck (but the new med season).  I had never heard of it.

I was interested but it was very short notice and I was right in the middle of selling the PAR Program so I passed.

Several months went by and John Chow messaged me on facebook asking if I wanted to go on a reality tv show.  I said, “lol is it Below Deck?” and he said yea.

He said he would take care of the logistics (collecting money from people) so I said I was in and wired him cash for people shortly.  My only caveat was that I was the co-primary guest which he didn’t care about.  I have to give credit where its due.  Without John putting up the initial cash and then collecting from others and all the getting everyone together this would not have happen.  So truly I am grateful for that John Chow.

So that’s how it started.  It’s a long story on my journey to get there I won’t digress into.

So we were on episodes 4&5 Season 4

What was staged ?

This is the biggest question I have been getting and its really a short list:

  • When we originally walked on board the ship they had us do it 3 separate times.
  • Before we got on board the executive producer told us explicitly to make sure we take advantage of the water toys (this now makes sense (see later).
  • When we left we were highly influenced to say something about how fun the water toys were but how it kind of sucked how long the 12 course meal was.
  • When we did the chest waxing thing…  right after I lost the bet the executive producer came out and wanted us to wait to actually do the waxing because he wanted to make sure he had both camera crews to shoot it.  He sent us to shore where I proceeded to get completely wasted more than normal to numb the upcoming pain.
  • When we would get ready they would ask us to reshoot it a few times just like looking into the mirror or going up the stairs.  Not much,  just at dinner time.

What was inaccurate?

So the inaccuracies are just really edits for a reality film but here is my short list:

  • When they went over our preference sheets they said we wanted ALL the water toys.  We never had that on there. This made sense now the producer told us to make sure we used them all. It also made sense with the story line in that they just lost a deckhand and how would they cope being a man short.
  • They said the 12 course tasting menu was for the first night.  It was actually the last which is why we were SO tired.  I actually thought I was going to puke once in between courses.  It had nothing to do with the food at all.  ALL OF BENS FOOD WAS AMAZING!  It was just a combination of being wasted for 3 days and tired as shit.
  • They made Carolina out to look like a massive picky bitch.  The big dramatic salad scene wasn’t at all dramatic.  She never was upset and it was never a thing.  Carolina is an absolute sweetheart.
  • When I said inappropriately to Emily that she was adorable and “if anything should happen to my wife… I’m just sayin'”.  Then she said to Kate that I said, “If my wife died”.  Which Kate replied “well she probably wants to commit suicide”.  This was a touchy subject with my friends and family.  I lost a uncle and an aunt as well as one of my best friends to suicide and some though I should have lashed out.  That’s not me.  I think suicide is a pussy way out of life and even my uncle and my aunt I hate for that and what they did to my family.

So was it reality?  Really?

Absolutely.  Carolina’s preference sheet was accurate.  She doesn’t like what she doesn’t like.  Sure they portrayed it how they wanted to but it is what it is.

As for me being played as inappropriate…  well anyone that has ever hung around me at times at conference parties or other stuff knows that’s just the tip of the iceberg.  I am who I am.

In the End

It was an amazing experience.  Unbelieveable service.  Everyone was awesome.

We have already been invited back to the Mediterranean season and the next Caribbean episode although after my next post not sure they will want me =P.

 

 

0 comments:

Post a Comment